When selling your home, you want to always make sure you put your best foot forward. You get only one chance to make the best possible first impression, so making sure your home is in tip-top condition is very important.
Here are some areas of your home that you will want to address before putting it on the market.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint will take years off your home. Not only will new paint freshen up your rooms appearance, but it will also give your home the feeling that it has been well taken care of and maintained. Purchasers are going to be comparing your home to all of the other homes that they visit, you want to make sure your home stands out and makes that impression on them. Just remember fresh paint = move-in ready. Not only will your home smell like new, but it will look like new with that fresh coat of paint on the walls!
- Professional photography: Trust us on this one, it is worth the money! Many of us use our cell phones to take photos now-a-days, but having a good quality camera + a professional photographer has several benefits. For example, a phone can not get all of the same angles that a camera can, professional photographers are also well experienced in photo editing, what lighting works best, and what shots will sell your home! Like we said earlier, you want to put your best foot forward, and photos are generally where potential home buyers are going to start!
- De-clutter: Less is more when trying to sell your home. You want a potential buyer to be able to envision themselves living there. Plus cleaning out clutter now will make packing for the big move easier. Click here to read our blog on What to keep or toss when downsizing.
- Professional cleaners: Hire someone to come and professionally clean your home. Not only will this make your life easier, but good house cleaners will get those spots that we often forget about, baseboards, blinds, etc. If you have moved out of your home already, it’s a good idea to have someone stop by every couple weeks for a quick touch up.
- Shampoo the carpet/steam the hardwoods and tile floors: You can rent a shampooer, or hire professionals. Either way clean floors are a must when trying to sell your home!