Between taking care of your family, work, and having a social life, who really has hours to spend cleaning their kitchen? Here are a few cleaning tips that are both quick and easy.
1. Microwave cleaning shortcuts: The easiest way to clean a microwave is to place a handful of wet paper towels inside and run the microwave for 3-5 minutes. The steam from the towels will soften the grime and make clean up a breeze. To deodorize your microwave, combine 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup of lemon juice and heat it on high for about 3 minutes. Let it stand in the microwave for 5-10 minutes before removing.
2. Cleaning a cast iron pan: Did you know that you should never use liquid soap on a cast iron pan and never rub it with anything abrasive? So what is the best way to clean it? Use salt. Rub the pan with a few tablespoons of salt and a paper towel, then rinse.
3. Cleaning a cheese grater: Getting a cheese grater clean can be an almost impossible task. Keep a clean pastry brush handy, it works like a charm on both sides.
4. Disinfect the garbage disposal: Deep clean and deodorize a waste disposal unit by grinding ice cubes made with 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water.
5. Coffee cup saver: Remove coffee stains from china cups by scrubbing them with equal parts vinegar and salt.