As the temperatures continue to go from warm to hot to unbearable, there are a few things that you can do to make sure your home stays nice and cool.
Here are 6 tips on how to keep your home cool this Summer.
- Change your air filters often. We always suggest changing your air filters at least twice a year ( Spring and Fall).
- Plant trees. Mature trees can help to block out the sun, which in return, will help keep the interior of your home cooler.
- A programmable Thermostat. This can help keep your home cool and save a bundle on energy costs. If you’re out of the house all day, your thermostat can be programmed to reduce the temperature a few degrees before you come home, so when you arrive it’s comfortably cool without wasting energy all day.
- Turn your fans. Switch the blades on your fan so that they turn to the right.
- Keep your blinds closed. During the hottest time of the day, it is a good idea to keep your blinds closed or curtains pulled tight.
- Purchase house plants. Place indoor plants in front of a sunny window will actually absorb some of the suns energy, which would have otherwise been used to heat up your home.