Majority of us have a 3 day weekend to look forward to, and with that extra day off, you might be looking for something fun to do and a way to entertain your kids. Luckily we live in an area where there is always something going on! So here is our list of what to do this Memorial Day Weekend.
- U.S. White Water Center: This place makes our list just about every single time. There is just so much to do at the White Water Center, and this weekend is no different. Starting Friday-Sunday there will be races, yoga, and live music, plus on Sunday evening there is a fireworks show!
- Speed Street: Every year before the Coco-Cola 600 Nascar Race, uptown Charlotte shuts down certain streets for Speed Street. This Thursday-Saturday you can experience live music, race car drive appearances, as well as kids’ activities.
- Mint Hill Madness: We had to include this event, since our new community, Norwick Park, is in Mint Hill! This festival is from Friday to Sunday and includes a parade, carnival, live music, and fun kids’ activities.
- Kannapolis Memorial Day Parade: On Monday the city of Kannapolis will be holding a Memorial Day Parade starting at 11:30. A ceremony will follow in the park at 12 noon. Ms. Dorothy Cole, a Cabarrus County resident who is the oldest living female WW II Marine Veteran, at age 105 will be honored by Congressman, Richard Hudson.
- Cabarrus Food Truck Friday: Food Truck Fridays are always a family favorite! Every Friday from 6-9 pm at Cabarrus Brewery you will find a good variety of food trucks to choose from.
- Carowinds Military Days: Active, inactive or retired United States Service men and women with a valid military I.D. can get into Carowinds for free on Military Days.
With all of the fun events taking place over the Memorial Day Weekend it is important to remember why we get this day off from work. We appreciate all of the sacrifices made by the service men and women who are no longer with us.