Halloween is upon us, and whether you are a child or an adult, free candy is always something to look forward to! So just in case you have yet to pick up a bag or two of candy from the store, here is a list of the top 5 most liked Halloween candy.
5. Kit Kat Bar
4. Chocolate Bars
1. Reeses (no surprise there!)
And while Halloween is fun, there are a few things that everyone should remember to keep your home, and all the families visiting your home safe.
1. Lights: Make sure to keep your driveway and sidewalks well lit. A great tip that we found is to use your Christmas tree lights to line the path to your front door! Of course you will have to get them untangled first!
2. Pick up or remove unnecessary items: Make sure your front yard, walkway, and especially steps are clear and swept of any debris. You will also want to make sure things like a flower pot or a garden hose are put away. We wouldn’t want for anyone to trip and fall on this fun night!
3. Keep your pets locked up: This is not only for kids safety, but for your pets safety as well.
4. Make sure your Jack O’ Lantern isn’t a safety hazard. Instead of using a real candle to light up your pumpkin, try using the battery operated ones.
5. Candy options: Keep in mind food allergies. A good amount of kids are allergic to things like peanuts. Make sure to have a separate stash of peanut free candy, or an even better idea is to have a toy alternative altogether. Stickers, temporary tattoos, and glow sticks are all great options.