The holidays are right around the corner, and with the holidays comes lots of family time. The good thing about the holidays is that there is never a shortage of fun events and activities taking place. You could easily fill every weekend from now until Christmas with a different holiday event. So to make it easy on you, we have compiled a list of our favorite holiday events. Enjoy!
- Take the family to cut down your own Christmas tree. Start a new holiday tradition this year and head up to the NC mountains to cut down your own Christmas tree! As a kid this was a tradition that my family enjoyed each year! Here are few of our favorite tree farms.
- Head over to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The Charlotte Motor Speedway is home to the annual Speedway Motor Christmas. The event starts this Saturday November 19th until December 31st. You can also participate in the Egg Nog Jog 5k on Saturday! Open Thursday – Sunday and all Christmas week, the Christmas Village includes a petting zoo, Bethlehem Village, horse drawn wagon rides, photos with Santa, and more!
- Annual Christmas Tree lighting and Fireworks in Downtown Concord. Happening this Friday at the Bicentennial Plaza in Downtown Concord. Events start at 6:00 pm!
- Watch the Concord Christmas Parade. The Concord Christmas Parade is held the Saturday before Thanksgiving (this Saturday November 19th) and is attended by over 40,000 residents of Concord and the surrounding areas.
- Festival of Trees. The 12th annual Festival of Trees will be held December 2nd – December 4th at the Hotel Concord in Historic Downtown. Festivities include the Deck the Halls Gala on Friday (adults only), children’s craft party on Saturday, and lunch among the trees on Sunday.
- The Polar Express Train Ride. The 1 1/4 hour round-trip train ride comes to life as the train departs the Bryson City depot for a journey thru the quiet wilderness for a special visit at the North Pole. Set to the sounds of the motion picture sound track, guests on board will enjoy warm cocoa and a treat while listening and reading along with the story.
So add a little bit of holiday cheer to your weekends by enjoying one or all of these fun festive events!!!