St. Patrick's Day Events in our area
March 17th, that one day a year where everything turns green, you search for that pot of gold, and hopefully luck is on your side. There are always fun events happening in honor of this day. From parades to festivals and even turning rivers green, there is fun to be had by all ages. Here are some of our favorite events happening this weekend.
- 15th Annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration at Galway Hooker: This is an all day event that starts bright and early at 8:00 am, and is free to attend!
- Latta Celtic Festival: Hosted by the Historic Latta Plantation on Saturday March 17th and Sunday March 18th from 10:00am – 4:00pm. Authentic cuisine, brews, vendors, historical demos, and more. This family friendly event offers children’s activities including story time, dancing, visiting farm animals, and more! Admission is $9 for adults, $8 for seniors/students, and kids under 5 are free.
- Green River Revival at U.S. National Whitewater Center: Saturday March 17th come celebrate St. Patty’s Day at this free event. Starting at 10:00 am there is a color me green 5k (plan to be turned green with green dyes), 11:00 am there is yoga, and at 1:00 pm the river will turn green! Live music will also be available.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Charlotte Goes Green Festival: The parade will start at 11:00 at Tryon and 9th street. This year’s parade will have over 125 entries that include floats, pipe & drum bands, Irish dancers, musical groups, dancers, lots of dogs, horses, leprechauns and lots of creative marching groups. The Charlotte Goes Green Festival will have over 60 vendors including arts and crafts, food, and beverages.
- Shamrocks and Shenanigans at Sugar Creek Brewing: From 11:00 am – 11:00 pm, there will be live music, drink specials, and a costume contest.
- LoSo St. Patrick’s Day at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery: From 11:00 am – 11:00 pm, there will be live music and festive food specials.
- St. Patrick’s Day at Cabarrus Brewing Company: From 12 – 11 pm, Live music will start at 6:00 and the new and improved Beer Garden will be open!