January 1st, the day when everyone decides to start eating healthier, join a gym, or find a way to better yourself for the new year. This year why not make resolutions for your home, or better yet, make the resolution that 2016 is the year you purchase a new home. Whether you want to budget this year for home projects, or save money to build your dream home, here are some easy ideas to get you started!
Easy ways to save money………..
- Shop at the right time of the year. Think furniture in January/February, BBQ’s in fall, and holiday decor after Christmas.
- Get a Sunday paper. Sunday papers are filled with coupons.
- Pay your bills online. Not only will this save you money for stamps and checks, but many email reminders and ease of paying bills online will help you never miss a bill.
- 2016 is the year to make a household budget or to take a close look at your old one. It’s always good to sit down and see where your hard earned dollars are going. Once you know where you spend your money, you can make adjustments.
- Be your own Barista. A cup of coffee from Starbucks everyday will start to add up. Instead invest in a small hand frother, syrups, or other common flavorings to spice things up.
- Make your own cleaning products. There are many ways to make your own cleaning products using things like vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice.
- Rethink your cable. Cut back on premium channels or those channels you never watch, get rid of them.
- Re-purpose instead of buying new. Transform old items to make new decor. Recover old chairs, update cabinets by painting them or replacing hardware, repaint furniture, or update old photos with new current ones.
- Clean or replace furnace filters monthly. Clean filters will help your heating system run more efficiently and improve your homes indoor quality.
- Turn down the thermostat at night or when you’re away for more than 4 hours during the day.