With the next couple days being a complete wash (literally), we know that kids, pets, and even adults can start to go a little stir crazy from being cooped up indoors. So to help you keep your sanity, and keep the kids somewhat entertained, here is a list of fun indoor activities that you can do this weekend.
- Build a blanket fort. All kids love indoor forts. There is something that is just so cozy about laying under a canopy of blankets surrounded by a sea of pillows. You can even give them flash lights, have a picnic under the fort, read books, or watch a movie.
- Play hide-and-seek. No matter how old you get, this game will always be a childhood favorite, and it is the perfect indoor game. You can also get your pets involved by hiding treats and seeing how long it takes for them to sniff the treats out!
- Family movie day/night. As long as we don’t lose power, family movie day or night is a great indoor activity. Stock up on all the fun snacks that you would typically get at the movie theater, make a big pillow palette on the floor and enjoy a lazy afternoon of binge watching movies!
- Have an artsy craft day. Here is a great list of 50 indoor crafts that you can do with your kiddos.
- Set up an obstacle course for your kids. It might be a little messy, but take pillows off the couch and place around the house for the kids to jump over, stack cushions in a fort format for kids to crawl under, drape blankets over the kitchen table and they can crawl under that as well.
- Indoor treasure hunt. Hide miscellaneous items around the house and give the kids clues on where to find them.
- Bake a sweet treat from scratch. A cake, cookies, pie, etc. pick a sweet treat and start cooking.
- Pamper yourself. This might be more for the moms in the house, but create your own spa at home. Soak in a bubble bath, deep condition your hair, use a face mask, do the things that you wish you had time to do during the busy school week.
- Play in the rain. As long as it is just raining, grab your umbrellas and rain boots and let the kids enjoy splashing in puddles.
Hopefully this list will help keep cabin fever from setting in, and who knows maybe it won’t rain for as long as they are saying!