We are just days away from Hurricane Florence making landfall on the East Coast. With this Category 4 Hurricane comes the potential for lots of rain and flooding in our area. If you haven’t started to prepare for the worst, then you better start now!
Hurricane supply checklist:
- Water, no brainer right? You will want to make sure you have at least 1 gallon per person per day.
- Food. Stock up on non-perishable items.
- 1st Aid Kit
- Personal documents ( insurance policies, birth certificates, deed to your home)
- Baby supplies
- Sanitary items
How to prepare your home:
- Board any windows if you are in an area that is expected to experience strong winds.
- Bring any outdoor furniture, grills, potted plants, flags, etc. indoors.
- Fill your gas tanks.
- Turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting and keep them closed as much as possible.
- Make sure all pets are wearing a collar with ID tags.
- Make sure their tags are updated with your current phone number.
- Have enough food for your pets as well as water.
- Do not leave your pets behind if you are forced to evacuate!
Stay safe everyone!