Lawn and Gardening Checklist for June
Your lawn and garden will require more attention and care during the warmer months. To make sure you are well prepared, we have created a few tips to help you along the way.
- With June being a much warmer month you want to make sure that you pay attention to your hanging baskets and containers because they dry out more quickly with the warmer temperatures.
- It is best to irrigate your plants at dawn and dusk to reduce water loss from evaporation.
- As you make additions to your garden, you will need to water them more than established areas.
- Place houseplants outside in a shady location to enjoy the fresh air and rejuvenate.
- Apply extra pine straw or mulch around newly planted trees and shrubs to better transition these plants into your garden. The extra mulch will reduce water loss and heat stress to the new roots.