Ready to Spring forward? Time Change Sunday is on the way! On Sunday, March 13, Daylight Savings Time will begin in most of the United States. Setting the clock forward means it’s time for a seasonal safety check!
- Change your clocks one hour ahead Saturday night before going to bed.
- Change batteries in fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Make sure they are functioning correctly. If you don’t have one already, it’s a good time to invest in a fire extinguisher.
- If you have any battery powered clocks change those batteries when you change the time. Also it is a good idea to replace any flashlight batteries that you might have!
- Check your First Aid kit and replace any missing supplies.
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy to ensure you have all the coverage you need to protect you, your family, and your belongings.
- Double check your door locks. The winter weather may have taken a toll on them, causing the locking mechanism to jam up, handles to become loose, or keys to corrode or rust. Also check your exterior lights and replace any bulbs that are dimming or have burned out.