How to Host the Easiest NYE Party!
Skip the crowds and expensive covers this year and instead invite a few close friends over to ring in the New Year with an easy intimate party at home!
To help you be a fun and well prepared host we have come up with some easy party tips!
- Plan Games: Make light of New Year resolutions by turning them into a guessing game. Give your guests cards and have them finish the sentences with hopeful wishes or tongue-in-cheek answers. Gather the cards and read them aloud letting everyone guess who wrote what. Cards can say things like: “The bad habit I want to kick this year is………..” “The good deed I want to do this year is………” “The person I want to be more like this year is…………” “The skill I want to learn this year is…………”
- Provide snacks: You always want to have some sort of food at a party. Veggie trays and cheese platters are always safe choices, but if you are looking for a more gourmet menu, stop by a Dean and Deluca. They always have a great selection of appetizers! For more NYE appetizer ideas click here!
- Provide Drinks: As far as drinks go, Champagne is always a NYE staple. A great twist on this traditional drink would be to have a make your own Champagne bar. Provide different flavored juices and fruits to top it off!
- Play music: Prepare a playlist of all the top songs of 2015 or make playlists of different eras leading up to the new year!
- Party favors: Fun hats, noise makers, and props make any party more exciting. You can even create your own photo booth by making a giant frame out of cardboard, and decorate it with phrases like Happy New Year or Cheers to 2016!