Tis’ the Season for holiday cheer, and what better way to spread holiday cheer then by attending your local communities Holiday festivities! From Christmas Parades to tree lighting’s, we have compiled a complete list of fun Christmas events near each of our communities for you and your family to attend this year!
- The Concord Christmas Parade is held on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, which means the Parade will be this Saturday, November 18! This will be the 89th Christmas Parade in Downtown Concord. Parade starts at 2:30.
- 2017 Tree Lighting and Fireworks in Downtown Concord. Come out the night before the Christmas Parade to this annual event that will feature family entertainment, Santa, and the grand finale of fireworks at 8:30 p.m.
- Annual Christmas Tree Lighting in Harrisburg. This event will take place Friday December 1 and features horse-drawn wagon rides, children’s crafts, a live nativity and performances by local dance troops and musicians ring in the holiday season! Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive on a firetruck to light the Harrisburg Christmas tree. Local crafts and seasonal refreshments are available for purchase.
- Mooresville Christmas Parade. The parade will be held on Tuesday November 21, at 3:00 pm. 1.5 miles of Main Street will be closed for majority of the day.
- Christmas in Davidson. On November 30, December 1st, and December 2nd from 6-9 pm come experience Christmas in Davidson. There will be a tree lighting, arrival of Santa, live music, holiday photo booth, and much more! For a full list of events click here.
- Christmas at Birkdale Village. Starting this weekend and continuing every weekend until Christmas, stop by Birkdale Village to have your photo taken with Santa!
- Light Up Cornelius: Christmas at Town Center is Saturday November 25 from 4-7 pm. Festivities will include holiday songs by local performers, children’s activities, carriage rides, train display, refreshments, and a visit from Santa! The tree lighting will be at 5:30!
All of our communities are conveniently located near Charlotte. So here is list of some great Holiday Events happening in Charlotte:
- Winter Wonderland at Symphony Park. From November 18 – January 8, you can enjoy the Winter Wonderland ice skating rink, which also features holiday lights displays, Santa’s Pub, and a coffee shop.
- Holiday on Ice. Starts November 17 at 5:00 pm! Holiday on Ice is the only outdoor ice skating rink in the heart of uptown.
- The Polar Express. This is definitely one event that you hear about every year! Starting November 17 – December 22, you can experience the hit movie, The Polar Express. But you better hurry, many dates are already sold out!
- The Polar Express screening at Discovery Places Science’s IMAX. If you can’t make the actual train ride of the Polar Express, you can still enjoy this classic movie in Discovery Place’s IMAX theater!
- Charlotte’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Parade will take place on Thanksgiving Day at 9:30 am! If you can’t make the parade in person, you can still watch it on WBTV!
We hope you and your family will get the opportunity to experience at least one of these Holiday Events this year!