Summer is the perfect time to host dinner parties. Summer is also when you don’t want to spend a ton of time preparing and cooking for a dinner party. Not to mention, dinner parties in general can be a lot of work! To make hosting easier, we have put together 3 fancy and easy summer recipes.
Bruschetta Bar: Bruschetta bars are the easiest when it comes to tapas style eating. Grilled bread, tons of veggies, different sauces, meats, various cheeses and voila dinner!
- 1 large loaf of bread, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful fresh arugula
- 1 cup charred corn (you can take an extra shortcut and grab a bag of frozen charred corn at Trader Jpe’s)
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/2 cup sautéed mushrooms
- assorted cheeses
- assorted meats
- Whatever dipping sauces you choose! Red peppers, balsamic vinegar, etc.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat.
- Generously drizzle the bread with olive oil on both sides. Using a pair of tongs, transfer the slices of bread to the grill and grill for a few moments until grill marks are present. Flip and continue to grill the bread on the other side for a minute more. Remove and set aside.
- Remove the garlic from it’s paper and carefully rub the garlic on the toasted bread to give it an extra layer of flavor.
- Arrange the toppings on a large platter or table and serve with the grilled bread.
Watermelon Feta Salad: This salad is light, cool, and refreshing! It is the perfect combination for a summer party!
6 cups cubed watermelon
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. In a large bowl combine watermelon, red onion, feta, and mint. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
2. Serve Chilled.
Lemon Grilled Shrimp Kabobs: The easiest, most flavorful way to prepare shrimp!
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced and halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Thread shrimp and lemon halves onto skewers. Place skewers onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.*
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme and basil until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve shrimp skewers immediately, brushed with butter mixture and garnished with parsley, if desired.