10 Kitchen Items to Toss
There are certain items in your kitchen that are meant to last for years, and then there are those items that after a handful of uses need to be tossed. Here is our list of items that we bet need to be tossed from most kitchens in America!
- Sponges: They are inexpensive and easy to replace, so do it, and do it often.
- Dish Towels: Dish towels are used to wipe down containers, remove excess water from a bowl, or dry your hands. Once a week is a good time frame to replace or wash your dish towels.
- Plastic Containers: We all know that plastic is not environmentally friendly, so the next time your plastic Tupperware starts to look a little worn and old, replace it with metal or glass.
- Water Bottles: Just like plastic containers need a refresh, the same goes for your plastic water bottles.
- Water filters: You need to replace your water filters at least every 6 months, but that can vary depending on the brand.
- Cutting Boards: Once your cutting board gets a nice groove in it from your knife, it now becomes impossible to clean it. Time to replace!
- Frostbit freezer foods: If your freezer foods look snowy, items time to toss.
- Baking Powder: Baking Powder will expire, and when it does it is doing you no good! To test your baking powder, mix water with a teaspoon of it, if it doesn’t bubble, toss it!
- Old Spices: Your meals deserve better than old expired spices.
- Scratched nonstick pans: Once your nonstick pan gets scratched, they no longer work like they should.