10 Christmas Events you don't want to miss this year
Christmas, it’s the most magical time of the year and not to mention one of the busiest! There is always something to do and things to see. Every year we make a list of some of the top Holiday events near us, and this year is no different! I mean the Holidays are all about traditions right? So here is this year’s top 10 Christmas Events that you just don’t want to miss!
- Concord’s Christmas Tree lighting and fireworks. This Friday, November 16 from 6-9, Downtown Concord will be having their annual tree light ceremony followed by fireworks. There are also choir performance, dance performances, and lots of art to see! Tree lighting starts at 8:30 and fireworks follow shortly after.
- The 90thth Annual ACN Concord Christmas Parade takes place on Saturday, November 17th, 2018, at 2:30pm.
- Birkdale Village tree lighting and Santa’s arrival. This Saturday, November 17th Birkdale Village will celebrate the arrival of Santa. Festivities include a parade, music, vendors, and the lighting of the tree by Santa!
- Speedway Christmas. November 18th – December 31st, drive thru and see the lights at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Christmas village will also be open Thursday – Sunday from 6:00pm – 10:00pm. The Village includes; Bethlehem themed village, 50 ft. Ferris wheel, photos with Santa, and a fire pit for roasting s’mores!
- Charlotte Christmas Village. From November 22 – Christmas Eve, this German inspired market will include gift booths, German bakeries, bratwursts, live entertainment, games and more. Santa will also be there on certain dates.
- Annual Christmas Tree Lighting in Harrisburg. The town of Harrisburg’s annual tree lighting will take place Friday November 30th at Veterans Park. The event includes free carriage rides, live entertainment, food, visits with Santa, and the lighting of the town’s tree.
- 2nd Annual Christmas at Cabarrus Holiday Market. Saturday December 1st from 10:00am – 5:00pm, over 100 local vendors will gather at the Cabarrus Brewery for their 2nd Holiday Market.
- Celebration of Lights and Winterland Express. Located in Kannapolis, Village Park, starting November 24th. You can walk thru Village Park or take the Winterland Express (a train) to view the lights. Roast marshmallows, meet Santa and Mrs. Claus, and enjoy a 30 minute Christmas carol performance by the singing bears on the hour!
- Ice skating. There are several outdoor ice skating rinks near us! Ice Skating at the Speed Park at Concord Mills, Holiday on Ice Uptown Charlotte’s outdoor rink, and Winter Wonderland Outdoor skating rink at South Park.
- Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shop. Free photo with Santa and free crafts and activities for kids!