Spring Lawn Maintenance Tips
Spring is one of the most important times to perform maintenance on your yard. After what seems like a long winter of dead grass, bare trees, and barren yards, we are all more than ready for the beauty that comes with the return of Spring.
There are several things that you can do to help ensure that you have a beautiful green yard this spring.
- Remove any accumulated debris. If you haven’t done so, now is the time to rake up any leaves or matted areas in your lawn. Raking up debris will allow better air flow to your grass which will allow for new blades of grass to grow more easily.
- Spring is the best time to prevent weeds. By using Pre-Emergent weed control you will help to prevent the weeds from germinating. Once weeds like crabgrass germinate, they are extremely difficult to get rid of.
- Core aeration is a great thing to do to your lawn in the Spring. This will allow water to reach the roots faster.
- Mowing can begin as soon as your lawn needs it.
- Watering needs to be done at least once a week. This will ensure that your lawn is getting at least 1″ of water a week.
- Spring is a good time to address any insect problems, and fire ants can be a real problem. Now is a great time to rid your yard of these pests!