Limited Counter Space? No Problem!
Counter space is a precious commodity in your home. You not only need room to cook, but you need extra counter space for storage, everyday cooking tools, and to lay out ingredients. Here are a few tips on how to use every inch of your counter space while looking stylish too!
1. Choose pretty canisters: If you’re a baker who enjoys easy access to your sugars and flours, or a mom of 2 kids who are always wanting snacks, its ok to devote some counter space to these non-perishable items. Try placing these things in decorative containers. This way the items are easy to grab and look stylish too!
2. Group like items to create a cohesive, intentional feel: Try layering cutting boards against your backsplash, or corral your utensils in a decorative container. When you choose to devote a portion of your counter to tools you use often, a tray can magically take the space from busy to neatly decorated.
3. When counter space is limited, make drawers and cabinets more useful but placing organizational dividers in them. Your items will be easier to grab when they are all in one place!
4. Park a cake stand by the sink: Place sink side soaps and dishrags on a cake stand. This will add a pretty touch and keep your cleaners out of the way since they will be up higher!
5. Choose a cute toaster: Storing appliances that you use every day can be a pain, so if you must take up counter space with a toaster or blender, at least make it look good!