Who doesn’t love a clean home? Now that school is back in full swing, you might feel like you either a) have more time on your hands or b) have less time because of school work, after school activies, sports, etc. Whatever the case may be, having a game plan for home chores is always a good idea.
Here are 5 easy chores that will help keep your home clean and organized throughout the busy school week.
- Make your bed. Simple, right? Making your bed will instantly make your bedroom look more organized and put together. This is a simple task that your kids can do each morning as well.
- Empty dishes from the sink daily. Do not let dirty dishes pile up! Make it a family goal to keep the sink clean and dish free. It will also help to make sure as soon as the dishwasher stops, it is emptied and dishes are put away.
- Keep the bathroom trash cans empty. Typical bathroom trashcans are small. By emptying them every day or every other day, you will ensure that trash makes it into the trashcan and not the floor.
- Do a load of laundry a day. Depending on how many people are in your household, you might be able to get by with a load every few days, but if you have a large family, staying on top of the laundry is important. And when we say do a load every day, we mean fold and put away as well.
- Do not let your bedroom floor or chair become your closet. Keep your bedroom picked up and clothes put away. If you pull out 10 shirts while trying to get ready in the morning, then when you get home put them all back. The same goes for shoes, jewelry, bathroom toiletries etc. Keep your bedroom spaces clutter free!