Hopefully this past weekends warm and sunny weather means that Spring is finally here. Below is a home maintenance check list offering spring cleaning tips to get your home’s systems in good working order for the upcoming warmer months.
1. Have your air conditioning system professionally serviced.
2. Change/clean HVAC air filters.
3. Clear debris from around the outside air conditioner and remove the cover if applicable.
4. Inspect windows and doors to make sure they function properly.
5. Check putty around window panes and weather stripping around windows and doors.
6. Check window and door screens and replace as needed.
7. Trim back trees and shrubs as needed to eliminate over hanging branches and improve curb appeal.