Why wait till spring to get those deep cleaning chores done? Fall, when we spend more time indoors is perfect too! Here are some cleaning projects that you may have never even thought to do:
1. Detox your oven: All you need is a little baking soda and water. Scrap off as much grime as you can then spread the baking soda/water paste all over the oven and leave overnight. The next day wipe it down with hot water.
2. Clean your microwave: Mix 4 ounces of water with 2 teaspoons baking soda. Place mixture in the microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove the bowl and wipe the moistened interior.
3. Replace bed pillows: I bet you can’t even remember the last time you bought new pillows. If you can’t, then it’s time for a change!
4. Clean your bathroom tile: Scrub the grout between floor and wall tiles with a mixture of baking soda and water.
5. Clean your computer’s keyboard: The keyboard is a breeding ground for bacteria, so don’t forget to wipe it down every once in awhile.
6. Wipe door handles: Think of how many times door handles are used everyday. A simple way to clean and disinfect them is with a dampened cloth with a little eucalyptus oil.
7. Clean your windows: Try making your own cleaner, one that is cheaper and smells better then chemical window cleaners. Heres how: Combine 10 ounces of water, 5 ounces white vinegar, and 5 drops each lemon and lavender essential oils.